HNHA has been the driving force in many accomplishments
over the past 30 years.
To name a few:
- HNHA requested the water tower to be moved to Frankford from the area now known as Chadwick Court, through City Council
- City of Dallas increased the lights around Twin Lakes from single light poles to double thus providing more safety and enhancement
- Guard rails installed over spillways in Twin Lakes
- Apartments on McCallum went over the 3 story variance and the agreement with HNHA was that they construct a brick fence between the apartments and Bantry
- HNHA membership survey results given directly to the RISD superintendent resulted in our children being able to attend Parkhill OR Westwood Junior High. Prior to this time, our junior high was strictly Westwood.
- HNHA planning committee worked with Black Properties in developing the green space between Cleary Circle and Target with the planting of trees and wall maintenance
- Per HNHA request, Preston Ridge Trail plans were altered to have the triangle joining the north-south trail and the east-west trail be placed near Meandering Way rather than behind two highline towers near the alley
- DART Shelter and permanent trash can placed on Coit at Lauder
- Twin Lakes were completely dredged and stone erosion control around the lake was in the 2000-01 City of Dallas Budget per HNHA request to City Council
- Twin Lakes were treated for algae and pond weed
- Fountains placed in Twin Lakes; new fountains placed in the lakes beginning in 2001 with brighter lights. HNHA maintains the fountains and pays for electricity.
- 32 live oaks were planted by HNHA at each entrance coming off of Meandering Way to our neighborhood in 1980’s. We have maintained them for 25 years.
- Maintenance of our 4 green islands in the neighborhood funded by HNHA for 25 years.
- Supported watering newly planted trees at Salado/Bowie Park & Campbell medians.
- Repainted curb addresses for our residents.
- Constructed new stone HNHA signs and flower beds at the lake entrances to neighborhood.
- Installed flag poles at the signs.
- Painting and repairing the stucco along the wall facing Coit Road
Of course, many residents will remember other significant accomplishments of HNHA not mentioned here. We thank all the members of the association for the continued financial support that enables us to work so hard for the neighborhood.